Last week started on a great note for the cryptocurrency space as several digital assets broke resistance and climbed, attaining new all-time highs. Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Dogecoin were among popular coins that rose during the week.
However, the crypto market suffered a setback as the price of major coins dropped days later. Although there’s no particular evidence suggesting so, some crypto analysts have attributed the crash to the United States Treasury’s proposed action against unnamed “financial institutions,” alleging crypto been used for money laundering. (It should be noted that many think the alleged enforcement is fake news. It has been pointed out that the Department of Justice, not the Treasury, goes after money launderers.)
Here are your top 10 altcoin gainers and losers for the week of April 11 – April 18, 2021.
Top 10 Altcoin Gainers
- Panda Dao (PDAO): This token’s price was up by 467,100% last week with no clear news behind the movement. Panda Dao is an incubator for developers on the Binance Smart Chain and focuses on building rewarding DeFi products. PDAO, which is its governance token, was trading at $0.00004103 at press time.
- MoneroV (XMV): This token recorded a growth of 259% over the last week. XMV is an open-source project looking to offer users a true private cryptocurrency that scales. As of press time, MoneroV was trading at $0.555272.
- Renewable Electronic Energy Coin (REEC): REEC witnessed an unusual movement all week and is now up by more than 17,775%. Launched in 2017, REEC is a platform that focuses on creating a medium where the world can transact and trade energy. At press time, the coin, which is proposed to empower the world, was trading at $0.00173214.
- Akita Inu (AKITA): AKITA rose by 12,550% last week. The token, which claims to be a 100% decentralized community experiment with half of the tokens sent to Vitalik Buterin and the other half locked to a Uniswap pool and the keys burned, recorded major growth and was, at press time, trading at $0.00000131.
- 3X Long Dogecoin (DOGEBULL): This blockchain-based token seeks a return that corresponds to three times the daily return of Dogecoin, and it rose by 1,735%. The token, at press time, was trading at $12,649.38.
- Pika (PIKA): This meme-based and decentralized digital monetary system token rallied by 4,000% last week. The token, which enables friends to send PIKA to each other, at the time of writing was trading at $0.0000006.
- Shiba token (SHIB): The first cryptocurrency token to be listed and incentivized on ShibaSwap saw a rise of 2,325% in its price last week versus the previous week. The Japanese-based crypto platform that supports multiple tokens, at press time, was trading at $0.00000191.
- Kong Defi (KONG): This Ethereum-based digital asset rallied by 1,313% last week. The coin is deflationary and helps support conservation, especially primates. The currency is currently trading at $0.00000491.
- ShitCoin (SHIT): A token that has been tagged by many experts as a bad investment choice is no longer a shit currency as it rose by 390% last week. The token now trades at $0.00000165.
- Yap Stone token (YAP): YAP, the coin that is optimized for use in smart cities, was up by 1,196% last week. It currently trades at $0.00199352.
Top 10 Altcoin Losers
- Alien Worlds (TLM): This token ended last week by dropping 94%. TLM is the native token of Alien Worlds, a simulated economy that features players competing against each other by using non-fungible tokens. At press time, TLM was trading at $0.206151.
- Artube (ATT): This platform seeks to allow users to reward content creators. This token suffered a decrease of 44.3% over the course of last week. ATT is currently trading for $0.206262 at press time.
- Panda Yield (BBOO): This cryptocurrency that operates on the Binance Smart Chain suffered a 86.5% drop last week. The platform, which offers yield mining to its users, is currently trading at $0.303801.
- 3X Long TomoChain Token (TOMOBULL): This ERC-20 coin seeks a return that corresponds to three times the daily return of TomoChain, and it fell by 35.17% last week. The token, at press time, was trading at $0.01322616.
- Ethverse (ETHV): This token was down by 83.7% last week. The platform is a decentralized virtual universe that has been built using Ethereum and Minecraft. At press time, ETHV was trading at $0.069653.
- 1X Short Dogecoin Token (DOGEHEDGE): This token closed the week with its price dropping by 82.29%. DOGEHEDGE seeks to return -1x the daily return of Dogecoin. The token, at press time, was trading at $2.17.
- TriumphX (TRIX): The platform is a decentralized exchange for in-game NFTs. The TRIX token helps sustain the token economy via game theory. The token dropped by 78.04% over the course of last week. The token, at press time, was trading at $0.02860937.
- CODEX Finance (CODEX): This platform is a yield farming protocol on BSC that offers structured derivative products. This token dropped by 66.86%% last week. The token was trading at $4.41 at press time.
- Burency (BUY): This token was down by 73.09% last week. It currently trades at $0.04374959.
- Polaris (POLAR): Polaris is a launchpad platform and competitive farming protocol on BSC. POLAR was down by 68.32% last week. The token was trading at $12.02 at press time.
Join Altcoin Buzz on Telegram to receive free trading signals.
For more cryptocurrency news, visit the Altcoin Buzz YouTube channel.
The information discussed by Altcoin Buzz is not financial advice. This is for educational and informational purposes only. Any information or strategies are thoughts and opinions relevant to accepted levels of risk tolerance of the writer/reviewers and their risk tolerance may be different than yours. We are not responsible for any losses that you may incur as a result of any investments directly or indirectly related to the information provided.
Do your own due diligence and rating before making any investments and consult your financial advisor. The researched information presented we believe to be correct and accurate however there is no guarantee or warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness, completeness. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are high-risk investments so please do your due diligence. Copyright Altcoin Buzz Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.
4 total views