Sensgreen is an IoT technology company, developing solutions for healthy, efficient commercial buildings.
We are developing sensors and analytics tools to help facility managers save energy, improve occupant comfort, and building health. Sensgreen has offices in Singapore, Ankara, and Abu Dhabi working with a passionate team of 25.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
Our founders have backgrounds in building sciences, energy economics and building retrofit. We observed that there is big room for improvement in the way we currently operate large scale commercial facilities. There were cases where empty spaces were being cooled, ventilated, and at the end of the day nobody was happy with the temperature in the office.
It triggered us to build a product that would help building managers make data driven decisions instead of sailing massive ships without a compass.
More from Interviews
- A Chat with Karim Dakki, CEO at Healthcare Fintech Platform: Klaim
- How To Source Funding For Your Tech Start-Up
- Interview with Youtube’s Global Head of Music, Lyor Cohen – “Youtube has paid $4 billion paid to the music industry in 12 months”
- A Chat With Siran Cao, Co-Founder and CEO of Mirza
- A Chat with Hristo Borisov, CEO at Smart Company Card Startup: Payhawk
- Interview with Jonny Pelter, CEO at Just Ask Max: A Digital Well-Being Service
- A Chat with Elie Rubin, CEO at Business Communication Platform: Squaretalk
- A Chat with Chris Davis, CTO at Filmio: A Blockchain-Based Film Project Platform
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
The pandemic increased the awareness that indoor air matters. Considering Covid-19 is airborne, the air we breathe should be monitored and analyzed constantly to reduce the risk of infections. Not only COVID-19, but many other airborne diseases too.
We are now helping many clients while they are bringing their employees to the offices safely. We helped many shopping malls and airports to reopen safely to reinstate the visitor’s confidence.
Overall, the pandemic enabled a larger market for indoor environmental monitoring technologies.
Sensgreen are part of the Hub71 (Abu Dhabi) network, can you talk about that partnership?
Abu Dhabi is a great place to be a technology entrepreneur. Along with Hub71, it opens up enormous opportunities from business development to manufacturing. Hub71’s incentive program enabled our company to make Abu Dhabi a regional headquarters, attract talent, and build a sustainable business.
What can we hope to see from Sensgreen in the future?
We are working on various products to help our existing and prospect customers. Sensgreen is evolving into a building technology company from a three-person startup. Our goal is to deploy our solutions worldwide, enabling an energy efficient, healthy built environment. Sensgreen aims to become a pioneer reducing the share of built environment in global carbon emissions.
5 total views