Reply To: Social Platform

Reply To: Social Platform

Home Forums Just Socializing Social Platform Reply To: Social Platform

Argha Saha
Participant

I always apologize for my week English knowledge! So, some times I have to googlize myself when I want to express something intellectual!!! 😛

First of all we must have to have self-control on our dos and doses. (Right you are)

#2. Greed refers to an excessive desire for power, wealth and food. A person who is filled with greed would prefer to keep all his belongings to himself without sharing.
Hubris describes a personality quality of extreme or foolish pride or dangerous overconfidence, often in combination with (or synonymous with) arrogance.It typically describes behavior that defies the norms of behavior or challenges the gods, and which in turn brings about the downfall, or nemesis, of the perpetrator of hubris.

#3. Yes we might get off of the toxic peoples as we are proud to be successful enough.
But, more of that, toxic people are not (only) born toxic maybe the situation and surroundings made them toxic and we should (I think) try to detoxify thous peoples not only with blessings, but by helping them out to detoxify.
ADMIN is an Author and he has a site to describe the things more widely, you can find something better on his blog here:

#4. The two terms are simply ways to express the same thing. Pride is a strong sense of ego-involvement in some attachment that causes one to feel “proud”: Pleased with oneself regarding what one is attached to.

One may be proud of some sports team when they win and take pride in ones support for this team…. and then one is embarrassed when they lose, which allows others with whom one has shared ones pride to ridicule one as part of their ridicule of the team.

Pride is what one feels regarding some person, place, or thing one is attached to and uses to partially or wholly identify oneself with – this attachment is emotional and usually a means of increasing ones ego.

Examples: She is a proud person [my perception of her] filled with pride regarding her black cat that she constantly talks about in glowing terms.

Her pride [my opinion] prevented her from being humble enough to retain her job.

The old adage: Pride goeth before a fall. This is just saying that it’s only a matter of time before that of which one is proud will cause one pain.

Though, after all we are human beings not an angel!

PS. This are my opinions by googlizing, so don’t get me wrong!!! 😉